Wednesday, June 16, 2010

That trick your Mom taught you.

I was shopping at Whole Foods last night, when I saw that Applegate Farms turkey was on sale for 6.99 a pound. However, it was 9 o'clock at night, and the deli person told me that they were all out. But the next 6 words she said to me changed my evening, and my shopping..."But we do have rain checks."

Rain checks, those strange things your mom used to go pick up at the grocery store when you were small enough to sit in the cart. A certificate that entitles the bearer to get the product they wanted at a later date, even when it is NOT on sale anymore. You can get them at the Customer Service Desk at your local grocer.

I didn't know Whole Foods did rain checks. I bet you didn't either. So, from now on, I'm rainchecking things that they're out of when I do my late-night grocery shopping. Whole Foods sold out of the fruit on sale? That's okay, RAIN CHECK. Check out that last link for info on how grocery stores are REQUIRED to offer rain checks and how to get them!

No comments:

Post a Comment